Click here to download a printable version of the message notes and discussion questions for the weekend of 01.28.12.
January 28 & 29, 2012
For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us…2 CORINTHIANS 5:19,20
WHO? E________________Who Doesn’t Know Christ
Therefore, go and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit.
“For God loved the world so much that he gave his one and only Son, so that everyone who believes in him will not perish but have eternal life.” JOHN 3:16
WHAT? E______________ Is a Sinner, and Separated From God
For everyone has sinned; we all fall short of God’s glorious standard. ROMANS 3:23 For the wages of sin is death, but the free gift of God is eternal life through Christ Jesus our Lord. ROMANS 6:23
If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved. ROMANS 10:9,10
WHEN? E______________ Life
Live wisely among those who are not believers, and make the most of every opportunity. Let your conversation be gracious and attractive so that you will have the right response for everyone. COLOSSIANS 4:5,6
…telling people about me everywhere …Jerusalem …Judea…Samaria… ends of the earth.” ACTS 1:8
WHAT NEXT? T______________ Them and T_____________ Them
Teach these new disciples to obey all the commands I have given you.
You have heard me teach things that have been confirmed by many reliable witnesses. Now teach these truths to other trustworthy people who will be able to pass them on to others. 2 TIMOTHY 2:2
1. List the first names of three people in your life who don’t know Christ? How do you think a relationship with Christ would change their lives for now and eternity?
2. We are called to tell the world about Christ, yet most of us hesitate to share our faith. Why?
3. There are lots of reasons why we hesitate to share our faith, however, Jesus commands us to share the gospel message with the world. What would you say to someone who feels very uncomfortable with sharing his or her faith?
4. Discuss a time when you shared the gospel with someone. How did you feel before and after? What happened as a result?
5. One of the most important things we can do is realize that God will create opportunities for us to share our faith if we look for them. Do you have any opportunities this week? Who will you talk to? What will you say?
6. While we are all called to tell the world about Christ, our obligation doesn’t end once we share the gospel message. We are called to make disciples – actually help people grow in their faith. If you are a Christ-follower, who are you discipling right now? If you aren’t, why not?
7. Too often we think we have to know all of the answers before we share the gospel message with others. In reality, we only need to be ‘one step’ ahead. Who should you be ministering to for the purposes of helping them grow in their faith? How can you help them grow?