Click here to download a printable version of the message notes and discussion questions for the weekend of 10.1.11.
Fail Proof Promise
October 1 & 2, 2011
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God’s power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
1 PETER 1:3-5 (ESV)
“All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never cast out. For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will but the will of him who sent me. And this is the will of him who sent me, that I should lose nothing of all that he has given me, but raise it up on the last day. For this is the will of my Father, that everyone who looks on the Son and believes in him should have eternal life, and I will raise him up on the last day.”
JOHN 6:37-40 (ESV)
My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me. I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, and no one will snatch them out of my hand.
JOHN 10:27-28 (ESV)
1. Last week, Kyle asked the CedarCreek.tv Facebook fans if someone could lose his or her salvation. There were a lot of people that believe it’s possible for a Christian to lose one’s salvation. Do you agree? If so, explain under what circumstances you believe someone could lose his or her salvation.
2. If you are a Christ-follower, have you ever messed up so badly that you worried that God would no longer let you into heaven? How did you feel when you feared God might turn you away? When did you regain your security? If you haven’t, what are you still worried about?
3. What was the most important thing you learned during this weekend’s message? How can what you learned strengthen OR change how you live out your faith?
4. Refer back to the verses Kyle taught on this weekend regarding eternal security. Pick a verse that impacted you the most and discuss why we can be assured of our salvation if we wholly trust in Jesus Christ.
5. Now, take that same verse and share how you would explain that verse to another Christ-follower who is unsure of his or her eternal security.