Click here to download a printable version of the message notes and discussion questions for the weekend of 04.28.12
May 12 & 13, 2012
When the Holy Spirit G________________ our lives, we are transformed into who God created us to be.
So I say, let the Holy Spirit guide your lives. Then you won’t be doing what your sinful nature craves. GALATIANS 5:16 (NLT)
DO YOU BELIEVE THAT SAME HOLY SPIRIT LIVES IN YOU? ___ YES ____NO
The Spirit of God, who raised Jesus from the dead, lives in you. ROMANS 8:11 (NLT)
There will always be T____________________!
The sinful nature wants to do evil, which is just the opposite of what the Spirit wants. And the Spirit gives us desires that are the opposite of what the sinful nature desires. These two forces are constantly fighting each other, so you are not free to carry out your good intentions. GALATIANS 5:17 (NLT)
WHAT “TENSION” ARE YOU FACING RIGHT NOW?
“The truth is that the Spirit of the living God is guaranteed to ask you to go somewhere or do something you wouldn’t normally want or choose to do … The Holy Spirit of God will mold you into the person you were made to be. This often incredibly painful process strips you of selfishness, pride and fear.”
FRANCIS CHAN, FORGOTTEN GOD
The Holy Spirit is our S________________ of strength to help us endure and sustain our faith.
And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another Advocate, who will never
leave you. He is the Holy Spirit, who leads into all truth. JOHN 14:16-17 (NLT)
- The Trinity and the Holy Spirit are the two areas that many Christians don’t understand or misunderstand. What did you learn about the Holy Spirit or the Trinity that you didn’t know before?
- What is the role of the Holy Spirit in the life of a believer? Do you truly believe that the Holy Spirit lives within you?
- Should there be a difference between a person who has the Spirit of God living within them and someone who does not? What should the difference look like?
- When is the last time you experienced the Holy Spirit at work in your life? If you are a Christ-follower, when do you struggle to let the Holy Spirit control your life? Why do we struggle so much to let the Holy Spirit guide our lives? How often do you feel like you are getting pulled in the opposite direction from God?
- What are the tensions that you struggle with the most?
- Read Galatians 5:22-23. How much of the Fruit of the Spirit are you experiencing in your life right now? Which ones are you lacking or need to experience more in your life?
- Since this weekend’s message, have you sensed the Holy Spirit speaking into your life? In what ways? How are you planning to be obedient to that Holy Spirit’s leading?