Click here to download a printable version of the Daily Bible Study for 01.27.12.
FRIDAY — Take the Tithe Test Challenge
Test God’s faithfulness by “tithing” (giving 10% of your household income) to God through CedarCreek Church for a three month period. At the end of the three month period, if you’re not convinced of God’s faithfulness as a result of your obedience to His Word, then you will be entitled to a refund of the full amount of contributions made during that three month period.
Malachi 3:10 (New Living Translation)
“Bring all the tithes into the storehouse so there will be enough food in my temple. If you do,” says the Lord Almighty, “I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won’t have enough room to take it in! Try it! Let me prove it to you.”
Please read the following guidelines:
1. I understand that the form below must be completed and received by CedarCreek Church before, or the week of, starting the challenge.
2. I understand that my household qualifies for participation because I/we have not been tithing for the last six months.
3. I understand that if paid at a physical CedarCreek Church campus, my tithe must be paid by credit/debit card (online or at a giving kiosk), by check, or by completing an offering envelope if using cash, so that my tithe can be properly credited to my name.
4. I understand that I cannot seek a refund prior to the end of the three month period and I must tithe for the entire period to be eligible for a refund.
5. I understand that any request for a refund must be received by the church within 30 days of the end of the three month Tithe Challenge period.
6. I would like to test God’s faithfulness by accepting the three month Tithe Challenge. I agree that for the three month period I state below, my household will contribute to God, through CedarCreek Church, a tithe equal to 10% of my/our income. At the end of the three month period, if I am not convinced by God’s faithfulness as a result of my obedience to His Word, then I will be entitled to request a refund of the full amount of contributions made during that three month period.
________________(fill out, tear off bottom, and drop off at church office/offering):___________
Challenge Registration Email: _________________________________
First Name: ______________________ Last Name: ______________________
Address: _________________________________________ City:_________ State: ____________ Zip:____________
Three Month Period I (we) will participate:
From: ________________ To: ____________________
Personal Response Questions: Take the time to answer these questions in response to what you’ve learned about giving to Jesus from pages 6-9:
1. Do you think Christians should tithe (giving 10% of income as an act of worship)? Why or why not?
2. In light of the tithe as a Biblical precedent for giving, do you regularly support this body using 10% as a goal to reach (or surpass as God prospers)? If not, describe your current practice and ways you’re moving toward this goal.
3. What does the implication of the verses on stewardship have on your own possessions (See page 7)?
4. Do you believe the way you use your material wealth is God-honoring in all respects? If no, in what areas are you lacking? What action are you taking to make changes?
5. What challenge is presented in 2 Corinthians 9:6-7? What promise?
6. If proportionate giving becomes possible for you (that is, giving beyond 10% of your income), what dreams do you have of using your resources so the Kingdom can expand locally and around the world?
• Apprentice Conference Series: Is your life reflective of the spirit of Jesus Christ – that is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control? If not, are you interested in becoming that type of person? If so, The Apprentice Conference Series can help. On Thursday, March 1st from 6:30-9pm and Friday, March 2nd, 9-3pm at the Perrysburg Campus nationally acclaimed Apprentice Series authors, Jimmy Taylor and James Smith are flying to Toledo teach us how to develop Christ-Centered character, see God and find balance in our daily life, develop spiritual practices, and build community! The cost is only $20.00 for both days and $10.00 for one and includes the book and lunch (if you attend Friday). Childcare is available on Thursday only. Register at www.cedarcreek.tv under the “get connected” tab.
• Interested in getting Baptized: Baptisms will be held at New Community on Sun., Jan. 29th at 6pm at the South Toledo Campus. Attend one of the following Baptism class: Sun., Jan. 29th at 4pm at South Toledo Campus.
Living It Out: January 2012
6And now, just as you accepted Christ Jesus as your Lord, you must continue to follow him. 7Let your roots grow down into him, and let your lives be built on him. Then your faith will grow strong in the truth you were taught, and you will overflow with thankfulness.
Colossians 2:6-7 (New Living Translation)
Living It Out
It is the dream of CedarCreek that everyone who calls this their church home will be reading and studying the same topics, both individually and in groups. Each week, join with thousands of others at CedarCreek Church in applying God’s Word, the Bible, into your daily life. Our hope is that while we learn and grow together, as individuals and as a church, we will collectively live out the weekend message.
Living It Out resources, such as the Daily Bible Study, Daily Bible Reading Plan, Discussion Questions and Scripture Memory Verses, are designed to help us embrace a missional mindset…a mindset that compels us to love Jesus, serve others and tell the world about Christ.
Living It Out: Daily Bible Study…Daily Bible study activities to reflect on the weekend message
Living It Out: Daily Bible Reading Plan…Read through the New Testament in a year
Living It Out: Discussion Questions…Weekly questions to discuss with others
Living It Out: Scripture Memory…Memorize one Bible verse per month
All of these resources are also available electronically at www.livingitout.tv, where you can subscribe
to have any or all of them emailed to you as they are updated.
We Want Your Feedback!
Tell us about any questions or comments you have about this week’s Living It Out: Daily Bible Study. Forward them to DianaP@cedarcreek.tv
Living It Out: Daily Bible Reading Plan scriptures are listed for each day. By completing each of the daily readings, you will read the entire Old Testament in 1 year. These readings are separate from the Daily Bible Study.
CedarCreek’s Missional Membership Manual
This week’s Living It Out Daily Bible Study written by: